HRT Letter Requirements
Alder Health Services adheres to standards set forth by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). We acknowledge that a relationship with a well-informed mental health professional is an important part of a successful transition. Mental health providers should be well educated on the standards of care for transgender health.
Requirements for a letter:
Letters that do not meet the following format will be returned for completion. To avoid delay of treatment, please take the time to review the following requirements.
The client’s general identifying characteristics;
- Results of the client’s psychosocial assessment, including diagnose;
- The duration of the referring provider’s relationship with the client, including the type of evaluation and therapy or counseling to date;
- A listing of the authors experiences treating transgender clients.
- An explanation that the criteria for hormone therapy have been met, and a brief description of the clinical rationale for supporting the client’s request for hormone therapy
- A statement that informed consent has been obtained from the client
- A statement that the referring provider is available for coordination of care.
- Specific plans for post -hormone therapy services and/or counseling
For more information on The World Professional Association for Transgender Health please visit their website: http://www.wpath.org